Dear Concerned Taxpayer and Organizers,
We first would like to thank you for your interest in the unconstitutional cap and trade tax that is driving up electric rates, increasing costs of goods, and killing jobs. Your efforts to help in its repeal are greatly appreciated.
A quick update:
- The Schuyler County Legislature and the Town of Chester passed resolutions calling on the Governor and the State Legislature withdraw from RGGI.
- The draft of a bill that would withdrawn NY out of this cap and trade scheme is still being reviewed but should be ready for introduction by the start of the new session in January.
- By the first week of December, the arguments for the state’s motion to dismiss in the lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of RGGI must be received. It appears that that the judge will announce his ruling possibly by the end of January.
Here is another opportunity to make your voice heard on this issue.
Attached is an affidavit that can be signed by ratepayers responsible for paying their electric bill to show your opposition to this unfair and unconstitutional tax.
RGGI Affidavit (pdf)
Please be aware:
- The affidavits need to be signed in front of a notary.
- We need to submit the ORIGINALS to the Court – so please make sure that you send me the originals.
- Please do not fold the affidavits. Use a larger envelope.
- I need to receive them by November 29th.
Please send affidavits to:
5325 Shadyside Drive
Clarence, NY 14031
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or e-mail me.
Also, if you know of any towns or counties that passed the resolution, please forward a copy to me.
We have a very short time to get the affidavits signed. Any help in this endeavor would be greatly appreciated. The more the court hears from the ratepayers, the better. With your help we will put a stop to this unconstitutional tax.
Americans for Prosperity
Americans for Prosperity Foundation
New York Chapter